1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

High Risk Of 'unprecedented' Winter Downpours - Met Office

Discussion in 'Natural Disasters' started by Brownbear, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

2. mark wilson

mark wilson Well-Known Member

A hope it's wrong mate....it wasn't a nice thing when it happened the last time....this time around a hope there ready for it

3. lonewolf

lonewolf administrator and forum manager. Staff Member

we are used to heavy rainfall in the far South West, its all we seem to get, heavy rain.

4. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

Even in the last couple of weeks we've had news of flooding in parts of the South West and South Wales after a short but very heavy downpour. It's one of the reasons for the choice of our current site, we cannot be flooded.
    I've seen this pattern of winter weather getting warmer and wetter over the last few years and I'm sure the trend is set to continue. Merry Christmas 2017 to all the residents of the Vale of York, Carlisle, Lancaster, Hull and the Lake District. Let's hope it's a dry one.

5. Alanm

Alanm Member

I was brought up and still live,overlooking a valley which is a flood plain.When we bought this house,we made sure it was high.Its high! Most of the old locals have gone now, but back in the day they expressed their dismay at building ever closer to the river.And they are still building,and houses have flooded frequently.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf administrator and forum manager. Staff Member

people WILL buy houses built on a flood plain, its called a FLOOD PLAIN for a reason folks!