1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Legal Tear Gas Alternatives

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Cheapshots, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

You can also include it into a paraffin and duct tape homemade smoke b*mb which generates a huge smoke cloud with minimal heat and no explosion. It will make a stinking acrid cloud.

Marwood likes this.
  2. Marwood

Marwood Member

Wow...! Very very interesting. . thank you i shall look into that. ..!

3. Marwood

Marwood Member

How do you use the duct tape? Is it made into say a ball shape then the contents added?

4. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

Want to defend a boat? Use a flare, legal and a part of every boat's locker stores. Simples.

Not for use off the water though....

Marwood likes this.
  5. Marwood

Marwood Member

Just sprayed raid fly spray in the kitchen... Even though the doors.and windows were open that stuff went down my throat and in my eyes in seconds causing me to run into the garden choking and with blury vision... Il get more of that and try it wearing my gas mask... Awful stuff that may come in handy for intruders.. Worth a try people...

6. Prime

Prime Active Member

Yes not doubt that is 'simples' , not too sure if its 'smarts' however.

If we are talking of using to repel waterborne boarders I cant see it being much cop - its a flare gun so no accuracy , sure it makes pretty images but no.

Inside is even worse IMO ( but we can differ on opinion ) , a boat is an enclosed space and fires can rapidly transfer enclosed spaces quickly which is why fire drill are so often practiced once at sea. Not many places to retreat to if your boat go's down whilst out on the noggin.

Just food for thought.

7. mark wilson

mark wilson Well-Known Member

Flash bangs. Smoke bombs etc ??

Sorry but your in a boat in the sea am not sure any of these would be beneficial to a defence against (playing with words) pirates!

Close hand to hand combat is what it will end in so imo a good knowledge of self defence with or without hand wepons or both would be first priority before looking into other avenues

Marwood likes this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

dosent sound like a boat would be an ideal retreat in the event of SHTF.
    wife's family are yachtsmen and women and boat builders and I think even they would say boats have a limited survival use, unless its a war ship that is!:lol:

9. mark wilson

mark wilson Well-Known Member

War ship.... a like that:D

10. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

I was assuming short range and a deterrent, and believe me they can be nasty. Once aboard you would have a different set of problems and setting your boat ablaze might just add to them slightly. But flares are legal and available like a couple of the other less legal suggestions in the thread (and I believe prepping within the confines of the law is sensible).