1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

North Korea.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by lonewolf, Apr 27, 2017.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

i wasn't sure whether to put this under scenarios or "man made disasters"!!:D
    i'm not too worried about a NK v USA war because the US could roll over NK in a day, they are hardly a match in firepower. but I am concerned about an escalation with others joining in. Russia has said it will take one bomb to knock out the UK if we joined in, I think that's an exaggeration I think it would take 3 to "bracket" the entire UK but I suppose they could just take out London, no government left they reckon we would all go to pieces. or I suppose they could always fire an air burst causing an EMP taking out the infrastructure, leaving most people alive but in mass panic.
    the thing is if you have LESS survivors they will probably cooperate, but if you have MORE survivors they will probably see others as competition and that's where the violence starts.
    any thoughts??

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

I listened to the US' statement earlier and concluded they would rather have dialogue with NK and, preferably, sell them stuff, rather than have a war.

It strikes me as rather hypocritical for a nuclear power to tell another nuclear power that they should not have it for the sake of peace whilst wishing to retain theirs - that's politicians for you I guess.

3. lonewolf

its not clear at the moment, it could go either way.
    in any case i'm more concerned about the escalation and other powers, namely Russia getting involved.

4. lonewolf

possible "enemy"(whoever they might be)targets in the south west:
    Falmouth.
    Plymouth-naval base, dockyard, docks.
    Exeter-airport.
    Portland.
    Yeovilton.
    Boscombe down
    Southampton.
    Portsmouth.
    Filton.
    Bristol-airport.
    Lyneham-RAF.
    Fairford.
    Cheltenham.
    warehouses on the M5.
    nuclear and other power stations...Hinckley Point?

5. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

It seems that Mr Trump is taking a more conciliatory stance this morning, that's maybe a good thing.

6. lonewolf

haven't seen that yet, only local news this morning.
    lets hope so and things calm down.a bit.

7. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

It's a "breaking news" thing. Apparently Mr Trump would be happy to meet Kim Jong Un for dialogue (I'm assuming he means round a table for discussion rather than hacking on the wall at Guantanamo Bay - but you never know ;)

lonewolf likes this.