1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Promotional Vid

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Biker Bushcraft, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Biker Bushcraft

Biker Bushcraft Member

I think comms is key, here is a ham radio vid that may get you thinking there is a place within your prep for it ;)
    Ps really easy to get into also!

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

I've never understood who I was supposed to be communicating with post SHTF, I've got a couple of radios for listening in, a battery one, a mains one even got a hand cranked one, but post SHTF I will be keeping a low profile and communicating with no one.

3. Biker Bushcraft

Biker Bushcraft Member

It would all depend on the scenario right ;) that said a man calls Bob Mcloed relayed a message to the government from the Falklands giving an indication that the rhumor of an invasion was in fact true! Also, the cry for help from Bosnia was via Ham Radio.
    lol, this isn't a sales pitch though ;)

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

yes, I was thinking of a more personal level. whether there was a place in my plans for it, and I cant see one in my own situation. monitoring yes, I've got stuff for that, but transmitting no, cant TPTB triangulate modern ham radio? and find your location if they wish? the Nazis could do it back in WW2.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Biker Bushcraft likes this.
  5. Biker Bushcraft

Biker Bushcraft Member

Indeed, you can learn a lot from listening in ;)

6. Prime

Prime Active Member

Comms i feel is my most over looked prep - I really must work harder on it in 2017.