1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Shooters...show Us Ya Kit?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Sooty, Nov 19, 2016.

1. The Fat Chef

The Fat Chef New Member

Family bbq Sunday, some of that deer will be on the menu!!

2. The Fat Chef

The Fat Chef New Member

Nice guns

3. Prime

Prime Active Member

Would be good to know what you have at some point if you can in case any of us are intending to purchase the same firearm and need an honest appraisal.

4. The Fat Chef

The Fat Chef New Member

I'm not going to list them all lolol
    I have to many!
    Most are air rifles and pistols, I have firearms and shotguns and have shot and handled most of the more popular guns.
    If anyone want an honest opinion please feel free to ask.
    If I havnt handled what you are asking about I will tell you.

5. Martin

Martin New Member

15965169_405229773161258_7406724183369495854_n.jpg
    HPA Airsoft weapon using remote tank charged to 4500psi can be cranked up to 180psi which wd be about 650 fps with a metal BB should be good out to 25/30 meters for bunnies and birdies.

6. Prime

Prime Active Member

I've got no experience of Airsoft although I wouldn't mind a pistol for dry firing drills for my Live fire 1911 LBP so is it realistic to expect it to take a Rabbit? Accuracy and power at 30 m??

7. Martin

Martin New Member

well TBF its a smoothbore 6mm ball and accuracy is mythical at 50metres but I would say at 30metres with a rifle firing at 500-600fps then a bunny head shot is fairly reasonable. stopping power wd of course depend onBB weight and consistency plastic BBs go up to about .4 grammes but a metal one could feasibly be 1 gramme FPS wd go downwith weight but Kinnetic energy wd go up therefore stopping power could be fairly adequate.

8. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

I have a CZ American in walnut 22LR with a scope that has a subsonic reticle and sound mod.(almost silent when used for small game on the ground) and a synthetic stock Crossman phantomII in .22 Spring action which gets used for squirrels and pigeons.

Interestingly some of these American made Crossman air guns have their Pistons drilled to reduce their power for the British market, a modification that could easily be reversed with a strip down and a tiny amount of epoxy putty to fill the hole. (I'm talking about the gun, OK?) this would take you well over the 12 f/Lbs limit so be aware that you would be breaking the law. Best save this mod until after the breakdown of law and order

9. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg

These are my toys, I also have just got the variation on my licence for a .223

mark wilson likes this.