1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Terms Lost On The New Generation.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lonewolf, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark wilson

mark wilson Moderator Staff Member

Well speaking from experience hitting a kid as punishment dosnt help! I am proof of that lol. As a child I learned really quick that getting a thrashing was better than actually changing my attitude and taught me to not get caught doing wrong. I also learned that my mother and father gave me a telling of for doing things they did. My house is totally different we bring our kids up leading by example (there has been a few hick ups along the way:rofl:) but it dosnt stop us. I want my kids to grow up respecting themselves and others that deserve it. To have a mind of there own. Know there rights as a human being. And contribute to there life's and who are in there life's. Now am not saying we have mastered this teaching technique :rofl: it's just how we try and raise them. Both myself and my wife were struck as children so we look at it as a punishment shouldn't be painful it should be a lasting memory. Also in between all this we have fun:D

2. mark wilson

3. mark wilson

All but one my friend :D Tolerance!! I ran out of that stuff a long time ago :rofl:

You have my full agreement on that statement prime :thumbsup:

4. mark wilson

The only people who are well adjusted well balanced are autistic children because they can't filter all the propaganda of society...only my opinion prime

But it dose raise a question. When dose someone stop getting judged on there up bringing for there actions.(am not suggesting anyone here has) A mean there must be a kind of self enlightenment that everyone goes through (I know I have ) of leveing the past as memory's and working of ones own merit. Almost reclaiming ones decision making.

Only the owner of the hand that stuck the child is to blame. Not the memory of being struck!

Harry Palmer and Prime like this.
  5. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

To be fair LW we are in off topic chat ;)

lonewolf likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

I think everybody of my generation was hit by their fathers as a child, it was all part of growing up, it probably toughened me up and made me stand on my own two feet, until the day I was hit for the last time and I was old enough to hit back!!
    a lot of kids these days don't even know who their father is.

7. ystranc

Mark, I claimed my own right to take decisions and also accept the blame for my mistakes as I walked out of my parents home aged 17,
    My partners family have almost been like a surrogate family to me, they've given me an idea of what a normal family is like...I count myself lucky to have met them.

8. lonewolf

problem is its gone too far in the opposite direction now and we have a generation of snowflakes who think they can change everything they don't like just by yelling the word racist.

9. ystranc

LW, there is being hit as an act of discipline and there is being battered in an act of rage, where is the line that mustn't be crossed.

10. lonewolf

agreed. I've never hit anyone except that one time and i'm very proud of that fact.

11. mark wilson

Commendable mate (honestly) I walked out of the same structure of life at 14 and lived on the streets only for a short wile. I did go back however. Nothing changed then... but now things are good. I count myself lucky as well. Some people can't!

12. mark wilson

For me! it was my mother who lifted her hands and objects. Fish lifters,rooling pin,shoe, and a 2 foot long carved spoon that hung above the cooker.

And as you said when you was old enough to hit back it stopped. That is the situation that's created through punishment with anger

13. mark wilson

True lone some people use the racial card at every hands turn. But there are people getting targeted because of there race. Hopefully the ones using it as a get out of jail card will be found out

A don't think society is making people softer. A think there has always been wine'y and soft people. It's more along the lines of (imo) younger people are becoming more aware of what works and what didn't. We have had the hard hitting punishment era it's now time to progress a think.

14. lonewolf

I don't know, I think there is a large element of "its not fair" in society today.
    look at the referendum, the remoaners are still trying to rerun it although they lost it over 12 months ago, if the vote had gone the other way I would just have said " oh well" and got on with what I was doing, but not them. oh no.

15. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

Sincere question LW

Is there any groups you like within Society?

16. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

An exceptional post if I may say so Mark.

mark wilson likes this.
  17. mark wilson

You may prime. And thank you

18. lonewolf

yes, bikers and the alternative community.:lol:

19. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

Can you define ' Alternative ' ??

20. lonewolf