1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Uses For Urine.

Discussion in 'Country Living' started by Keith, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Marwood

Marwood Member

I do to.. Its best to.. Got quite a few of those handy little things.. Did have a tin of the little lemon wipes from when i used to eat take aways but they dry out to quick if left laying around for a few weeks

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

yeah had some in the car but they dried out fast.

Marwood likes this.
  3. Offgrid hero

Offgrid hero Member

This sounds like a job for bleach, a few drops mixed in some moisturiser/hand cream could save the day.

Marwood likes this.
  4. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

Lmfao point taken off grid, how about a compromise? You can piss on your own wounds and I'll let mine bleed and clot naturally. We'll compare notes on how we get on.....definitely scope there for an experiment.

Marwood likes this.
  5. Offgrid hero

Offgrid hero Member

Yes although I'm the bleach advocate not a piss advocate, it seems I've drawn the short straw:whistle:

6. Marwood

Marwood Member

Been reading about washing hands with sand if no water is available.. Not many households have a fire bucket these days but maybe worth keeping a small amount of sand in a shed or wherever you store things.? Got this from the book "the sas survival handbook" by john wiseman..:army-biggrin:

7. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

Don't take everything in those books as read, only a percentage of that book came from him, the rest is just editorial padding. His urban survival book is even worse. Some chapters are just plain bollocks and he would be the first to admit it.

8. Marwood

Marwood Member

Ok ystranc.. Cheers mate.. Thats the trouble with old books that one was from the 80s? So knowledge has moved up a bit since then.. It didnt even state whether the author ment sharp sand as that would contain the most grit.for hand washing.. Oh well its all trial and error mate..

9. lonewolf

the type of sand for hand washing dosent matter a lot I don't think, I've used it in the past, and beach sand works just as well as builders sand.

Marwood likes this.
  10. Marwood

Marwood Member

Beach sand sounds good lone wolf.. Contains shells and rock that has been ground down over the years.. Nice and gritty i should imagine. Good tip there, thanks. Easy enough to fill.a small container with and keep in a shed or wherever its not taking up room.. Then it will be saving water if a quick clean is needed..:army-biggrin:

11. ystranc

ystranc Active Member

I've been re reading some of my old survival books, there are mistakes in a lot of them...it makes me wonder if they were included on purpose as some kind of test. You know the kind of thing, did you spot the deliberate mistake?

12. lonewolf

time moves on, things are improved on, one thing that time ago was thought the best way to build a shelter or tan a hide is found to be not the right way or it can be simplified or made better.

13. Marwood

Marwood Member

Yes compare those old books with todays and theres no doubt a lot of differences.. not that Ive read a recent day and age survival book but i can imagine theres quite a few upgrades to old teqniques,, still knowledge is knowledge and we can blend some of the old ways into todays ideas.. Like hybrids or pick and mix... Its still intriguing to learn.. And still better to know than not know:)

lonewolf likes this.
  14. Keith

Keith Active Member

Me too, I carry mine in the truck.
    Keith.

15. lonewolf

mine's permanently kept in the car door "pocket".