1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Wolves Roaming The Streets Of Paris.

Discussion in 'Natural Disasters' started by lonewolf, Jan 18, 2017.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Site Manager Staff Member

2. Keith

Keith Active Member

I have a friend who is French, she lives here now but has family in France. Apparently there are still bears in the forests too. I was thinking of moving there one time, but finding land in the high country for the right price was not easy. In the end I decided to stay put.
    Great news about the wolves though, good to hear their numbers are increasing. I just hope this does not spark too much concern to bring about another cull.
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

I think from the piece they are in the suburbs not roaming the city centre, may be a concern for anyone who has livestock.

Keith likes this.
  4. Thefalcon

Thefalcon New Member

There is a lot more to be worried about than wolves on the streets of paris
    [​IMG]

5. lonewolf

I don't want to get into religion, but I think I prefer the wolves.

sheepdog bob likes this.
  6. Phil

Phil Member

They are lovely animals,but to suggest they don't attack humans is imo a mistake,its like saying dogs never attack us which we know is not true.

7. lonewolf

only if provoked, if you get between them and their food, or between them and their young.
    in most cases animals would be long gone before any human got anywhere near them.

8. Phil

Phil Member

Try googling wolf attacks on humans, you get a different picture.

9. lonewolf

don't believe everything you read on the internet, I was once told by a computer programmer that the information on line was only as good as the person that put it there.
    seeing as how there are no wolves in Britain its an academic question at best.

10. Prime

Prime Active Member

I actually agree.

That tends to be why I question any bold and blazen statements that I see that lack source details or scientific facts.

It can upset some people however.

11. lonewolf

not all statements can be corroborated by links or reports, some are just commonly held beliefs which are so obvious are accepted by the wider prepping community as factual, some people however don't believe anything without some kind of proof.
    as an example, I state the 90% "die off" of the population in a TEOTWAWKI scenario, this is accepted by all the long term preppers as being the standard estimate but will never be accepted by the short term lobby because of the controversial element of same.

12. Prime

Prime Active Member

Erm , if its a statement then sorry , but Yes is should be able to .

If its a personal belief then fine - but please don't get the two confused or mixed up.

I'd consider myself to one of those 'wider prepping community' ( unless you are arguing otherwise ) and all I ask or require is when something is stated as fact there are clear reasons behind doing so.

Facts are Facts - Beliefs are Beliefs. One is Objective and One is Subjective

Ref the TEOTWAWKI AND 90% die off - to me TEOTWAWKI doesn't necessarily have a fixed scenario behind it. But i think its more important to have and maintain a flexible and adaptive mind rather than follow a dogmatic unquestioning rationale just because others are doing so.

13. lonewolf

there are clear reasons for most of these "beliefs" but its not always possible to find some link to corroborate it, not everything can be substanciated by some report or some link online, some things believe it or not actually came into being before the world wide web and were never transferred onto it, some things are just accepted as being correct.
    like I say some people just need to have everything proved beyond doubt and its not always possible to do. you either accept it or don't.

14. Phil

Phil Member

I thought there is now an estate in Scotland where wolves are now running free,it would only take a wolf lover to cut a hole in the fence and they would be off.
    I remember reading an account of a zoo keeper (young female) being killed in a wolf enclosure somewhere in Canada.
    She was new to the job and had been trained only recently prior to the attack.
    Her boyfriend reported after the attack that she had told him that at least one of the wolves had growled at her a number of times when she was in the enclosure,she hadn't informed to manager of this.
    The police shot all four wolves in the enclosure before they could go in to recover the body.

Apparently according to the records in France over 7500 people where killed by wolves over a 400 year period.

There were reports that on the Eastern front during one winter in the WW1 the Russians and Germans had a truce so they could kill the wolves that had been killing the troops on both sides.

Prime likes this.
  15. lonewolf

i don't think the wolves in Scotland thing came off, I was reading a report last week on line which said there had been too many in disagreement with the plan that it didn't happen.

Phil likes this.